I have a few practices (tools in my kit!) that I rely on heavily- and daily- to keep me cool, calm and collected and I'm very excited to share them with you!
My Go-To Stress Busters:
1) Yoga- of any kind! Any movement, whether a sweaty vinyasa or a chill yin class helps me untangle the knots of stress that I hold in my body. Moving my body takes me out of my mind and keeps me focused on the present.
2) Meditation- A quick 5-10 minute mini-meditation is usually all it takes. I practice a visualization meditation where I relax every muscle in my body and picture myself strong, capable and overcoming whatever challenge I'm facing. I also vividly picture my desired outcome. This helps plant the seeds in my subconscious of what I want and need to happen.
3) Morning Ritual- I literally wake up 2 hours before I need to be out the door. Whether to teach a class, run an errand or workout, I'm always up 2 hours (if not earlier!) beforehand. A lot of people laugh at this, but it ensures I always start my day in a relaxed way. I read, write, meditate, listen to my favorite tunes in the shower, have a filling breakfast, enjoy some coffee, walk my dog... and then i'm on my way. If I start my day rushed and chaotic, it usually stays that way! And I get very stressed when I'm rushed.
4) Sleep/Bedroom Tranquility- I have worked my schedule out so that I do not teach late evenings anymore. I make sure to always get my rest when I need it. It keeps me centered. I have made my bedroom an oasis that I love to unwind in. Having this tranquil room to escape to at the end of a long, busy day helps me rejuvenate. It is a phone-free/work-free zone.
5) EFT/Tapping- I LOVE to tap! I have experiened monumental shifts in my perception and energy since I started tapping. I tap in my car, before class, during stressful times and sometimes even when I first wake up in the morning. I am in love with how I feel after I work through a tapping session. It's quick, easy and powerful!
Those are some of my stress-busters I practice in my daily life. I also like to sprinkle in workouts, journaling and deep belly breathing when needed. While many of my tools in this kit ebb and flow (such is life!) those top 5 are my everyday essentials. And every now and again, a glass of wine doesn't hurt either!